- Are you in or near Brooklyn, the biggest borough of NYC, trying to shed some pounds and need help?
- Do you have excess weight in the mid or upper portion of your body?
- Do you crave or like starchy or sugary foods?
- Do you have health insurance?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, and are a bit overweight or obese in or near Brooklyn, and looking for the best weight loss doctor in Brooklyn, you are at the right place.
Here are 8 things to consider before choosing the best weight loss program for you in Brooklyn.
How big is the problem of obesity in the borough of Brooklyn, New York?
Although it may appear that NYC is a relatively thinner city compared to other big cities in the United States, the big apple has its share of the overweight and obese. According to the statistics, more than 50% of all adults in NYC are either overweight or obese.
Epidemic of Obesity in NYC
In New York City, obesity is epidemic: more than half of adult New Yorkers are overweight (34%) or obese (22%).
Nearly half of all elementary school children and Head Start children are not a healthy weight. In New York City, 1 in 5 kindergarten students, and 1 in 4 Head Start children, is obese.
Why lose weight in Brooklyn, NYC – are there health benefits to losing weight?
Good question, and the answer is yes, there are clear health benefits to losing weight in Brooklyn as people who are overweight are at increased risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, mood disorders, arthritis, and even increased risk of many types of cancer!
- Where to start for losing weight in Brooklyn?
- There are so many confusing choices to lose weight?
- What really works and what does not for helping me lose weight?
Before you begin your weight loss journey in Brooklyn, NYC, you would need to consider the following.
- Find a weight loss program in Brooklyn that is evidence based and not a fad diet
- Find a weight loss doctor in Brooklyn that has training and experience in the field of obesity medicine or bariatric medicine
- Find a weight loss clinic in Brooklyn that is affordable, and is willing to accept most health insurances for the weight loss doctor visits.
- Find a weight loss center in Brooklyn, NYC that has the weight loss results, and success stories that are inspiring.
Introducing the unique W8MD’s insurance physician weight loss center of Brooklyn, NY
While it is debatable as to who is the best weight loss doctor in Brooklyn for you to lose weight, here are 8 reasons why we believe W8MD’s unique weight loss programs should be considered as one of the Brooklyn’s Best Weight Loss Clinics
1. our weight loss clinic is one of the very weight loss centers in New York City that accepts most health insurances for the weight loss doctor consultations. Unlike the expensive cash only weight loss doctors that charge hundreds of dollars in consultation fees, we bill insurance for your weight loss doctor visit – you just pay your specialist copay.
2. We have one of the lowest biweekly weight loss program cost that includes weight loss medications or diet pills when needed to suppress appetite. Our biweekly weight loss program fee of $50.00 that includes up to two appetite suppressant medications such as the popular Adipex P (Phentermine) with either a diuretic or Topiramate to suppress hunger and reduce food cravings for safe and effective weight loss.
3. Comprehensive weight loss diet doctor consultations that include a thorough diet history, medical history, your eating habits, sleep habits, stress level, family history, current medications, allergies, and a thorough physical examination looking at signs of insulin resistance such as acanthosis of the neck, with darker or thicker lines on the neck that might explain why you might be gaining weight.
5. We understand the true causes of weight gain instead of blaming the patient or the victim as for most people, there is an underlying cause for their weight gain such as insulin resistance, stress, sleep problems, genetic causes, hormonal imbalances, medications, or eating disorders! If we can identify the causes of weight gain in NYC, we can then reverse them.
6. Address comorbid health problems such as prediabetes or diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea or other sleep problems as our weight loss doctor in Brooklyn, Dr Prab R Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers, is also a board certified sleep doctor. In fact, losing weight helps reduce the risk of over 50 obesity related health conditions including diabetes, prediabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, fatty liver, polycystic ovaries in women, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, heart disease, joint problems etc.
7. Our NYC weight loss doctors have one of the most thorough education in the new field of obesity medicine with extensive practice experience in helping many lose weight safely in New York City. We offer delicious and affordable meal replacement weight loss protein shakes, protein powder, protein bars and other weight loss supplements that only cost about $2.15 per meal replaced, cheaper than grocery ingredient costs in most situations when you make your own food.
8. Lastly, our patients are our biggest source of referrals as they see the proof is in the pudding – in our case, the proof is actually in the pounds lost! Check out the amazing weight loss success stories of people who successfully lost weight in NYC. We get patients not only from the 5 boroughs of Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Manhattan, Bronx in NYC but also from Long Island, New Jersey and few from other states such as Florida and Texas.
Reviews of weight loss program NYC Philadelphia and NJ
Weight loss success stories Brooklyn, NYC
Weight Loss Testimonials *
FANTASTIC program! Truly a life changer! The first several months I lost on average 3 pounds a week. I have now lost 87 pounds in 10 months and I’m still losing! I can say it feels almost effortless, for with the elimination of most carbs plus the medication I have ZERO cravings and minimal hunger.
My cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar have all returned to normal having previously been considerably elevated. I look and feel twenty years younger (I am 57.) Staff is friendly and supportive, and the science works.
I did not think that I would be able to achieve such results, and certainly not in less than a year. I am amazed at my success, and I could not have done it without Dr. Tumpati and W8MD. D. M. *
I’ve been going to Dr. Tumpati at the King of Prussia location for about 12 months and have lost over 140 pounds*. I was at a point where my weight was affecting my life and health, ignoring it was no longer an option. I wanted to lose weight safely, but effectively, yet most people said it was impossible. It was time to hire a professional.
Dr. Tumpati and staff have been great explaining every step of the process and making sure I stay on track. The accountability and constant encouragement have been key parts of my success, as well as the knowledge that I was following a plan that would work and had actual medical science to back it. I am not finished losing yet, but as compared to 12 months ago, I know I’m already healthier, now’s its just finishing the journey. This path isn’t easy but if you’ve had enough of your weight being an impact on your health and life, considering getting help like Dr. Tumpati and his staff. It will make it easier.
Dawn V. *
W8MD’s Brooklyn’s Best Weight Loss Doctor’s Contact Information
Keywords: Brooklyn’s Best Weight Loss Doctor, Physician Weight Loss Center of New York, NYC Lose Weight, Lose Weight NYC, Best Weight Loss Brooklyn
New York City Weight Loss
W8MD’s NYC medical weight loss & Sleep Clinic at Sleep Medical Associates, PLLC
New York City W8MD Weight Loss, Sleep & MedSpa
2632 E 21st Street Brooklyn, NY 11235
Lear more about losing weight fast in NYC | Our weight loss doctor NYC
Our farthest weight loss patient comes from Dallas, Texas! Testimonials
There are no reviews yet.