“Let Food Be Your Medicine, Medicine Be Your Food” – Hipporcrates
These are some of the best weight loss, nutrition, and wellness related papers, and books that you may want to read in order to understand the factors that contribute to weight gain and strategies that can assist in the weight loss.
At W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America, we believe in evidence based obesity medicine practice in accordance with the professional standards of practice in the new and emerging field of obesity medicine.
Here are some books for weight loss!
Weston Price, DDS and Author, Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, a land mark book ahead of his times.
Here is a list of books that you may want to consider for a life time of healthy eating, weight loss and wellness. Some of these books are available for online reading while others have to be ordered as hard copies.
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston A. Price, DDS (Read online)
- Cereal Grains: Humanity’s Double-Edged Sword by Loren Cordain, PhD (Read online)
- Good Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes (Read online)
- The Three Must Know Facts About Our Diet by Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD Medical Weight Loss Centers of America
- Perfect Health Diet by Paul and Shou-Ching Jaminet
Other books and paper for weight loss!
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf
- The Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- The Mood Cure by Julia Ross
- The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith
- Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome by James L. Wilson, ND, DC
- Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
- Iodine: Why You Need It, Why You Can’t Live Without It by David Brownstein, MD
- The Worst Mistake in the History of the Human Race by Jared Diamond
- The Protein Debate by Loren Cordain, PhD and T. Colin Campbell PhD
- Practical Programming For Strength Training by Mark Rippetoe and Lon Kilgore
- Overcoming Insomnia: A Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy Approach Workbook by Jack Edinger and Colleen Carney
- The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin