- Are you overweight or obese and looking for ways to lose weight quickly?
- Are you tired of the fad diets and weight loss tricks that do not work?
- Are you looking for proven measures to help lose weight?
Here are 12 ways to lose weight quickly in NYC, Philadelphia and NJ
1. Never skip breakfast. Studies have shown that people that skip breakfast eat larger portions and go in to metabolic starvation. Start the day right with enough protein such as eggs.
2. Drink enough water. The popular W8MD program advocates drinking at least 8 glasses of water or low calorie liquids a day.
3. Take a break in the middle of the meal and wait for 5 minutes before you resume your food. This allows the body’s internal signaling systems to tell your brain to suppress the appetite and increase satiety.
4. Eat lower glycemic load foods. Use this free W8MD glycemic index chart with additional links to understand the glycemic index of foods.
5. Eat frequent small meals preventively. Use a smaller plate, weigh portions on a scale, or check the Nutrition Facts label for details about serving sizes.
6. Make sure you supply the body with constant supply of protein. If you are average sized person, your body needs about 120 grams of protein a day. This equates to about 30 grams of protein a meal. Most people do not get much protein especially with breakfast as they start with cereals, bagels, toast or other low protein, high carbohydrate type of meals leading to negative nitrogen balance throughout the day leading to muscle wasting.
7. Walk 30 minutes a day. Try to build exercise into your daily life. Go for a family walk, do some gardening, play a pickup game of sports, go to a dance club with your friends, go swimming, take the stairs, or walk to the grocery store or walk in mall.
8. Sleep at least 7-8 hours nightly. If you snore, or feel tired during day, you may want to get checked out for underlying sleep problems such as sleep apnea which can contribute to weight gain.
Weight loss program information
9. Start by understanding how many calories your body needs for not losing or gaining weight. If you cut down your calories by 500 calories per day for one week, you are expected to lose about 1 pound in a week. in order to know what your current weight neutral calories are, use this free W8MD tool on the main page of W8MD on the right side under Daily Calorie Calculator. Once you put in your information, the system will tell you how many calories you need to maintain your weight. If your goal is to lose weight, you want to cut down your calories by 500 – 1000 to lose 1-2 lbs. per week under medical supervision in most cases. Before you start losing weight, consult with a physician familiar with effects of weight loss and if it is advised in your situation.
10. Check if your weight gain is related to insulin resistance by using this free W8MD tool and correct it to lose weight and reduce the risk of diabetes.
11. Eat more varied and colorful foods like the colors in a rain bow. Fill half of your plate with fruits and veggies by choosing foods with vibrant colors that are packed with fiber, minerals, and vitamins. Make half of your plate fruits and veggies.
Examples of colored vegetables and Fruits
◾Red: bell peppers, cherries, cranberries, onions, red beets, strawberries, tomatoes, watermelon
◾Green: avocado, broccoli, cabbage, cucumber, dark lettuce, grapes, honeydew, kale, kiwi, spinach, zucchini
◾Orange and yellow: apricots, bananas, carrots, mangoes, oranges, peaches, squash, sweet potatoes
◾Blue and purple: blackberries, blueberries, grapes, plums, purple cabbage, purple carrots, purple potatoes
12. Reduce your portion sizes. Find ways to limit the calories in your favorite foods. For example, you can bake foods rather than frying them. Use low-fat milk in place of cream. When trying to lose weight, you can still eat your favorite foods as part of a healthy eating plan. But you must watch the total number of calories that you eat. Combined, these habits may be a safe, healthy way to lose weight and keep it off.
If your goal is to lose weight safely, and effectively, without spending a lot of money out of pocket, you may want to consider a near by W8MD Medical Weight Loss and Wellness program under close physician supervision for quick and safe weight loss.
W8MD weight loss or bariatric medicine physicians are specially trained in managing metabolic and other factors contributing to your weight gain and can help you lose weight safely and effectively.
The best part of the program is that most W8MD centers accept health insurance so you do not have to pay out of pocket. Call 1-800-W8MD-007 to learn more or visit http://www.w8md.com to book an appointment online. What are you waiting for? Take your first step and reserve your appointment in seconds using our online appointments.
How to lose weight fast, how to fast to lose weight, how to lose fast weight
hot to lose weight quick, how to eat to lose weight, how many calories to lose weight, how to exercise to lose weight, how to lose weight quickly
hot to quickly lose weight, how to lose weight healthy