What is the secret of losing weight fast in Philadelphia?
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 1 – the first secret for losing weight in Philadelphia is simply to understand what your current BMI or body mass index is so you know where you are starting with. You can use any online BMI tools to know before starting your weight loss journey in Philly.
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 2. Once you know your BMI, the 2nd thing to know is your weight distribution as mid or upper body weight as opposed to lower body weight is considered to be a higher health risk due to the increased risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, stroke and other health problems associated with upper body weight gain, also called metabolic weight or metabolic syndrome. The simplest way to know your health risk is to get a tape, and measure your abdominal circumference at the level of your umbilicus.What is the risk of excess belly fat? Excessive abdominal fat may be serious because it places you at greater risk for developing obesity-related conditions, such as Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Your waistline is an indication you that you have a higher risk of developing obesity-related conditions if you are:
- A man whose waist circumference is more than 40 inches
- A non-pregnant woman whose waist circumference is more than 35 inches How To Measure Your Waist Circumference? To correctly measure waist circumference:
- Stand and place a tape measure around your middle, just above your hipbones
- Make sure tape is horizontal around the waist
- Keep the tape snug around the waist, but not compressing the skin
- Measure your waist just after you breathe out
- Philadelphia weight loss secret 3: Once you know your risk based on your BMI, and your weight distribution based on your waist circumference, you then need to decide whether you need to lose weight in Philadelphia for better health and to reduce the risk of being overweight or obese. Let us say, you find our that you do in fact need to lose some pounds, you want to find the best weight loss program that is safe, effective, and is affordable or low cost to you for losing weight in greater Philadelphia. Although most people oversimplify the process of weight loss and say “eat less, exercise more”, as you can recall from your prior attempts at losing weight, you would know that it is not as simple as that to lose weight. If so, why is it that over 70% of the entire adult population in greater Philadelphia or in the United States in general, are considered overweight or obese?
- The secret to understanding how to lose weight is to first understand what is causing your weight gain in Philadelphia to begin with.
Philadelphia weight loss secret 4: Is insulin resistance causing your weight gain, especially in the belly? Affecting up to 71% of the entire population, insulin resistance or metabolic weight gain is one of the most under appreciated causes of weight gain that can not only explain your weight gain but also may be the underlying cause of your sugar or starchy food cravings and overeating to begin with.
Although most physicians and the general public tend to blame the victim for weight gain, the underlying insulin resistance is what might be driving the weight gain, food cravings, overeating and slowing down of the metabolism. Watch this excellent you tube video, a TED talk, on why blaming the obese is blaming the victim and why we missed the bus on understanding the true cause of weight gain in Philly!
Philadelphia weight loss secret 5: Once you know what is causing your weight gain, you want to find ways to reverse it and find a weight loss program in Philadelphia that has trained obesity medicine or bariatric medicine weight loss physicians that not only understand the true causes of weight gain but can also help you lose weight safely under medical supervision! With one of the most thorough medical weight loss training and experience, W8MD medical weight loss program in greater Philadelphia area, (also available in many other locations nation wide), is one of the most effective, and low cost ways to lose weight in Philadelphia under physician supervision.
Philadelphia weight loss secret 6: Does my insurance cover my weight loss physician visits? Thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act, Obesity screening and treatment related physician visits are covered under all healthcare plans although coverage for weight loss medications might be limited. Since we include up to two generic weight loss medications in the biweekly program cost of $50.00, while accepting insurance for the consultation with weight loss doctor in Philadelphia, losing weight does not have to expensive. In fact, some of the non physician supervised programs such as Jenny Craig cost more than our physician weight loss program!
Philadelphia weight loss secret 7: Take the first step to losing weight safely in greater Philadelphia under experienced weight loss physician supervision and call W8MD medical weight loss centers of America at 215-676-2334 to make an appointment. Due to popular demand in the unique insurance physician weight loss program, acceptance might be limited.
Philadelphia weight loss secret 8: OK, I lost the weight, now what? It is important to understand maintaining the weight is as important, if not more important, than losing weight for sustained weight loss benefit and improved long term health. Fortunately, W8MD medical weight loss centers physician weight loss program in Philadelphia offers a weight loss maintenance plan to assist you in your efforts to keep from weight regain! Weight loss success stories Philadelphia
Think W’eight‘MD (w8md) for Weight Loss!
Call 215-676-2334 to learn more!
What do have to lose besides your unwanted pounds?