W8MD Weight Loss NYC
Lose weight New York
New York City, also called the “big apple”, is the largest city in the United States. What is the problem of obesity or overweight status in this city of skyscrapers, wall street, and center of many national and international institutions including the United Nations? Although slightly better than some of the other cities, New York City has its share o obesity.
Obesity statistics for the city of New York
According to the Centers for Disease Control, about one-quarter (24.5%) of adults in New York State are obese and another 36% are overweight, an estimated 8.5 million residents. The rate of obesity is higher among adults who are non-Hispanic Black (32.5%), earn an annual household income less than $25,000 (26.8%), have less than a college education (27.1%), or are currently living with a disability (34.9%).
- According to BFRS surveys, 60% of adults in New York State are either overweight or obese. Overweight and obesity affect minorities such as African Americans is much higher at 66% compared to obesity Caucasians (61%) in New York city. Overweight and Obesity in New York State Adults 2008.
- Obesity prevalence in New York unfortunately correlates with the income level of the neighborhoods, with lower income areas having a higher rate of obesity in New York compared higher income areas just as in other parts of the United States. The changing distribution of and determinants of obesity in neighborhoods of New York City, 2003-2007.
- in 2003, about 24% were obese, compared to 19% of second through fifth grade students in 1990.
While there are many causes for this weight gain, the most important of all the causes for weight gain is metabolic starvation that happens in obese individuals that have insulin resistance, according to Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, founder of W8MD medical weight loss centers of America.
Understand the causes, consequences, and proven measures to lose weight fast and safe in New York city, watch w8md’s 52 weeks of weight loss and wellness videos.
Call W8MD weight loss program in NYC at 718 946 5500.
W8MD's 8 Point W8loss Plan
Here is an easy to remember and simple 8 points about W8MD physician supervised medical weight loss program.
1. 8 amazing weeks of weight loss!
2. 800-1200 calorie Meal Replacement Plans or food prepared with our instruction.
3. Walk 8000 steps a day, not counting activities of daily living.
4. Drink 8 glasses of water or more a day
5. Sleep up to 8 hours a day
6. Lose Weight and get closer to your figure 8 body! *
7. Think W8MD for Weight loss!
8. Costing as low as 8 dollars a day for 3 meals replaced, W8MD meal replacement is one of the most affordable!
Be part of the W8MD family to lose weight and live longer! *. The meal replacement is optional.