Are you a bit overweight or obese and would like to lose weight safely, effectively, and like your insurance to pay for the physician visit in NYC?
Thanks to the 2010 Affordable Care Act, you might be able to lose weight with insurance at our W8MD Medical Weight Loss Center’s of America’s non-surgical medical weight loss program in New York City. As one of the very few medical weight loss programs in New York City to accept health insurance for the physician visits, the demand is high and acceptance is limited to 10 new patients only per week in our Brooklyn, NYC W8MD Medical Weight Loss and Sleep Wellness Center located at 2003, Bath Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11214. Ph: 718 946 5501.
3 things to do to lose weight in NYC
1. NYC weight loss step 1.
Body mass index determines where you stand in terms of your health risk related to being overweight or obese in New York City.
Here is a table that determines your BMI and weight status. As can be seen from the table below, you are considered obese or overweight if your BMI in NYC falls in the range of 25 or more.
|18.5 – 24.9||Normal or Healthy Weight|
|25.0 – 29.9||Overweight|
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
2. NYC weight loss step 2.
Once you know your BMI, you want to also know your weight distribution, or waist to hip ratio as where the excess body fat is carried in the body also plays a significant role in health risk. For example, if your weight is mostly in the tummy or you have excess belly fat, your health risk of being overweight or obese in NYC is higher than otherwise.
Waist-to-Hip Ratio is determined by the simple formula of waist circumference divided by hip circumference.
- Waist to Hip Ratio bigger than 0.8 means you have an “apple-shaped” body type which means you are at a HIGHER risk for chronic diseases
- If your waist to hip ratio less than or equal to 0.8 • “pear-shaped” body type • LOWER risk for chronic diseases
3. NYC weight loss step 3.
Once you know the above 2 things, and you know you need to lose weight, then start the research on finding the best weight loss program in NYC for you.
With over 20,000 books written on diet, and weight loss, and so much confusing information, you may want to consult with an experienced weight loss physician before starting weight in New York.
Under the careful medical supervision of our medical director and weight loss doctor in NYC, Dr. Prab R. Tumpati, MD, a board certified Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine Physician with additional fellowship training in the new field of obesity medicine, Dr. Tumpati is well versed in treating the complex issues leading to weight gain.
Having passed a written board examination offered by the American Board of Obesity Medicine, Dr. Tumpati has helped hundreds of patients lose weight safely and effectively. The best part of the program is that we will accept most health insurances for the visits so you do not have to pay out of pocket.
Since sleep disorders and weight gain go together, Dr. Tumpati can also address any underlying sleep disorders or primary care issues as a board certified sleep specialist and internal medicine physician with an attached state of the art 6 bed sleep diagnostic and treatment center.
Our Weight Loss Program in NYC offers
- A comprehensive medical history and physical examination before losing weight in NYC
- A reasonable, and realistic weight loss plan according to your goals for fast weight loss.
- A reduced calorie, nutritionally-balanced eating plan or 800-1400 low calorie and delicious, affordable meal replacement protein shakes and bars for fast weight loss in New York City.
- Each meal replacement costing as little as $2.25, W8MD’s delicious meal replacement plan is even cheaper than the grocery ingredient cost for a self prepared meals and can help you lose weight safely and effectively.
- We address all metabolic, hormonal, nutritional, emotional, sleep and other factors causing your weight gain.
- FDA approved weight loss prescription treatments for safe and effective weight loss including the generic combinations of the new medications after a comprehensive physical examination is performed based on the physicians judgement and patient preference.
- You have no obligations to use any products or supplements
- Instructions on Regular Physical Activity
- A behavior change plan to help you stay on track with your goals
We want to help you with each of these components for safe and effective weight loss.
You can reserve your appointment in seconds using our online appointment bookings without calling the office with the click of a mouse so you can reserve your appointment in the limited insurance physician supervised medical weight loss program.
Accepting most health insurances for weight loss physician visits.